CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cozy Mysteries

I purchase most of my books from Amazon.com. I read a lot of product reviews there too as great information is provided in them.

I noticed that some reviewers called these books ‘cozies’. I didn’t realize what that meant and looked it up on wikipedia:

“Cozy mysteries began in the late 20th century as a reinvention of the Golden Age whodunnit; these novels generally shy away from violence and suspense and frequently feature female amateur detectives. Modern cozy mysteries are frequently, though not necessarily in either case, humorous and thematic (culinary mystery, animal mystery, quilting mystery, etc.)".

You can read more here: en.wikipedia.org/cozy

I didn't know there was a category to describe the type of book I enjoy reading!

0 comments: