CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

It’s Not as Easy as it Looks

Re: “Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder” by Joanne Fluke

Hannah realizes that trying to solve the murder of Ron LaSalle is not as easy as they make it look in the movies. She is asked by the police detective working on the case (who just happens to be her brother-in-law) to help him do some legwork.

He feels that Hannah would be able to track down the lipstick clue better than he would. She’s not so sure about that as she’s not really the type to wear much makeup. And she’s definitely not the glamour girl type - she thinks she’s more the Katharine Hepburn type.

Kate always made it look easy in the movies, whether she was playing a scatterbrained heiress in "Bringing Up Baby", a champion golfer in "Pat and Mike" or the head of a TV research department in "Desk Set". I think she is great to watch in "Holiday", "Woman of the Year" and "The Philadelphia Story".

Flixster - Share Movies


(Photo from "The Philadelphia Story" courtesy of Flixster.com)

4 comments:

Book Bird Dog said...

I haven't read a Joanna Fluke in a while, and I see she has this new book out. I enjoy cozy mysteries every now and again.

LadyPI said...

I went out to Ms. Fluke's website, MurderSheBaked.com, and she has a couple newer books I haven't read yet: Cream Puff Murder and Plum Pudding Murder. I'm sure I'll read them eventually.

Thanks for your comment and have a good day!

bibliochef said...

So, several comments. First: have you seen Sylvia Scarlet> You should. Second, I review food related mysteries sometimes on my site -- Cooking with Ideas at http://www.cookingwithideas.typepad.com Drop by and check it out

LadyPI said...

Hi Bibliochef - Sylvia Scarlett - is that the movie where she plays a boy? I think I've seen that, but only once. I'll have to watch it again sometime.

Oh, your blog is really nice. I like the 'mysteries with food' list - gives me more ideas of books to read! When I started my blog, I had no idea of just how many female-sleuths there are in fiction-land. I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with them!