CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Summer with Stephanie Plum

Next up: One for the Money by Janet Evanovich

Given that ‘Finger Lickin’ Fifteen’ came out in hardcover AND ‘Fearless Fourteen’ came out in paperback on the same day, 6/23/09, I thought I’d start reading the Stephanie Plum series again with book number one. I normally don’t start with the first book when a new book comes out in the series, but it’s been awhile since I’ve visited Trenton, New Jersey. Plus I thought it might be fun to spend part of the summer with Stephanie and the gang.

My first Stephanie book was ‘Hot Six’. I picked that up at a book sale and when my husband saw it, he gave me this ‘you’ve got to be kidding’ look. Like we all know she meant ‘Hot Sex’!

I had to explain to him that this is a ‘numbers’ series and it’s kind of like what Sue Grafton does with the ‘alphabet’ series. Then he got it because he’s read a few of the Sue Grafton books himself.

At first I didn't like 'Hot Six' but I decided to give it a chance. Once I did, I was hooked. Soon the Stephanie Plum books became LOL - Laugh Out Loud - material.

So ‘One for the Money’ - here I come!

0 comments: