CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Hot Six" by Janet Evanovich

When I got this book at a used book sale, my hubby asked what the title was. I said “Hot Six” and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow and a little smile on his face. I know he was thinking of substituting an “E” for the “I” in “Six”, but he didn’t say anything.

This was the first Stephanie Plum book I bought and I almost decided to give up on it after reading a few pages. I just didn’t get the humor. But then I thought I’d keep reading and I’m glad I did. It’s an entertaining book and series.

This book opens with Stephanie’s mentor (bounty hunter supreme Ranger) having been a no-show at his court date. A rookie cop who didn’t know any better arrested Ranger for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. If that wasn’t enough, an investigation of a fire in a downtown office building reveals a burned body with a bullet hole to the head, and a surveillance tape showing Ranger in the building shortly before the fire started. To complicate matters, the dead body is the son of an international arms dealer.

So there are a lot of people interested in finding Ranger, including Stephanie’s special friend and cop Joe Morelli. But Stephanie knows better than to try to find Ranger - he’s like the wind. He will find her when he needs to.

(Stay tuned for more posts about this book).

0 comments: