CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Done with "Murder of a Sweet Old Lady" by Denise Swanson

I didn’t intend to finish this book yesterday but I got so involved in it, I couldn’t put it down. Well written and suspenseful - just pulled me right into the story.

Author Denise Swanson’s picture and short bio is on the back inside cover of the paperback. It says she worked as a school psychologist for 17 years. Swanson’s real-life background in the field adds credibility to the story since she can write with authority on exactly what Skye is going through as a school psychologist.

Skye becomes so frustrated doing her job that at one point she takes a ceramic jar she purchased when she graduated from college and throws it against the wall! Not only does she have to try to help the students, but has to deal with their parents and school administrators. She says graduate school and her internship did not prepare her for real life. I can definitely see that!

I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

You can buy the book here:

0 comments: