CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Clever Acronyms

Re: “Murder Takes the Cake” by Gayle Trent

An acronym is a word formed from the first letters of another series of words or phrases. I think the best way to learn about acronyms is by seeing examples.

Daphne and her girlfriends have developed their own acronyms for men. HAG refers to Hot Available Guy. HUG refers to Hot Unavailable Guy. HAG is not too flattering, but Daphne and her friends know what this means. (LOL - Laughing Out Loud)

I came up with an acronym for YODEL: Yucky Odious Dreadful Evil Lady. She wasn’t well liked by the folks of Brea Ridge, Virginia!

My silly hubby came up with a couple more:
KISS - Kind Irresistible Sexy Single
NOVEL - Next Official Victim Ends Life
 
Right now Daphne has no hot guy in her life. But she has hooked up with her childhood friend Ben Jacobs, who now works as a reporter for the local Brea Ridge Chronicle newspaper. As they start to spend time together again, she wonders whether he is a HAG or a HUG.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I love the Yodel acronym! :-D

LadyPI said...

I'm glad you like it. I had fun thinking that one up!