CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Done With “Murder Takes the Cake” by Gayle Trent

This is a comfortable, cozy mystery. In fact I got comfortable and cozy on the couch and finished reading it yesterday! In a nice surprise, the culprit was not who I thought it would be.

Author Gayle Trent makes Daphne into a very real, likeable character. Now I enjoy the Stephanie Plum character, but she isn’t real to me. She’s too much like a made up, story book character. Daphne isn’t. I feel like she could be my friend and I’m participating in her life, or reading HER diary!

We see into the business side of Daphne’s life and how she has to help her customers decide on the kind of cake they want. Plus there is a lot of information on baking and decorating cakes, and one recipe for Black Cat Cupcakes. Makes me want to stop over at our local bakery!

Here are some pictures I took of a Halloween cake we got a couple of years ago at that bakery. Isn’t it cute? It was good too! (The pumpkin and small stuffed cat are ours). Maybe Daphne could make a cake like this one!





You can buy the book here:

1 comments:

Gayle said...

Thank you so much for the terrific review! I truly appreciate your kind words.