CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

It’s Another New Year - Be Positive!

I’m not big into New Year’s resolutions for myself. I figure things like losing weight, exercising and being a better person are goals I should strive for all the time.

However I read an article recently that talked about the psychology of being positive, and it made some really great points that I’d like to repeat for myself and others.

The points are:

1. Refocus your perspective. Try to shift your thinking from negative to positive. Look for the good in life.

2. Be grateful. Remember and cherish the good times in your life.

3. Reconsider your pessimism of others. Try to look for the positive aspect in things or people you dislike.

4. Look for simple pleasures in small, everyday things.

5. Practice random acts of unexpected kindness to friends, neighbors and strangers.

So with those positive thoughts, I’d like to wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2010!

5 comments:

Librarian said...

Wishing you a sparkling New Year!
My 2010 can only get better than how 2009 ended for me, with the sudden loss of my husband in November.
So my outlook is a very positive one; I am going to travel quite a bit, and I want to read more, see more, do more and learn more.
For me, the New Year is already 2 hours 40 minutes old - and I am ready for bed.
Good night!

Cindy Harris said...

Thank you for following my blog!
Happy 2010 to you and yours!
I don't make New Years' Resolutions but this year I am going for finding the positive side of life!

LadyPI said...

Hi Librarian - I am sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Losing a loved one is such a terrible thing to go through. But I'm sure that 2010 will be better for you.

Take care!

LadyPI said...

Hi Cyn - I think I ran across your blog from the Mystery Lovers Kitchen writers. I don't have any cats (well, we have some stuffed toy cats) and I don't live on a farm, but the idea of a Cozy Cat Cottage is very appealing!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Love being more positive! Happy New Year!!