CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bare Cupboards

Re: I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason by Susan Kandel



Cece Caruso is evidently not a great cook. She laments the fact that her pantry has assorted odds and ends and does not have enough groceries to prepare anything resembling a meal.

That reminds me of Kinsey Millhone, Sue Grafton’s female-sleuth, who doesn’t have much in her pantry either. She eats a lot of fast food. She also enjoys odd combinations of things, like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I’ve never tried that but it doesn’t sound appetizing to me. I’m a peanut butter and honey fan myself.

I think Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum never has much around her kitchen either and eats a lot of fast food and junk food. Stephanie’s mentor, the ultra cool Ranger, chides her for her eating habits since he is a health food nut.

Ah, who cares what they eat, as long as these ladies solve the mystery!

0 comments: