CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dead Pan by Gayle Trent

This is book two in the Daphne Martin Cake Decorating series. Once again Daphne has to explain to an officer of the law that she only brought the cake. She has been contracted to bake a cake for the local Brea Ridge Pharmaceutical Company’s Christmas party. Unfortunately everyone in attendance became ill and suspicion falls on Daphne.

One person in particular becomes very, very ill and that is Fred Duncan. He works at the local supermarket where he and Daphne became acquainted. Fred is now in a coma.

Daphne’s neighbor and friend Myra thinks Fred is faking his coma, and proceeds to tell Daphne how she faked a coma by using sleeping pills. Myra wanted to get back at her husband for a fight they had and the sleeping pills did the trick, she said. Her husband became scared and took her to the hospital.

I personally don’t think that’s a very good way to make up after a fight!

(Stay tuned for more posts on this book).

6 comments:

Librarian said...

Dear me, no! I pity people who think they have to resort to such drastic measures to get their own back at someone...! It is bad enough that some people really fall into a coma after an accident or so, no need to fake something as terrible as that!
Is this Myra person a bit hysterical?

LadyPI said...

The character of Myra doesn't strike me as hysterical, she's just unconventional.

However on the positive side she's a good friend to Daphne.

Librarian said...

Good friends are crucial, and so I forgive her the "great idea" of faking a coma... still shaking my head here in disbelief...
What I really must do soon is compare the online catalogue of my town's library to the authors mentioned in your blog, see which of the books you are writing about I can find there.
That way, I will never fall short of reading material, so, thank you once again :-)

LadyPI said...

I know I will never fall short of reading material. There are so many mystery books out there just waiting to be read!

When I look at other people's blogs and see how many books they've read compared to me, I feel pretty inadequate! I guess I'm not one of those prolific readers.

The main thing for me is to enjoy what I'm reading and not make it a chore.

Librarian said...

The same goes for me, LadyPI. I love reading but there are times when I simply do not have as much time or the inclination to read for long periods. I do tend to get a bit restless and then I need to be up and about.
But in the end, I always come back to my big love = books :-)
Since I have started following your blog and Nan's, I have been playing with the thought of posting about the books I am reading, too, but somehow I think it won't be as interesting as what you and so many other book-bloggers do.

LadyPI said...

Thanks for the compliment!

If you want to blog about the books you are reading, you should do it. After all, it's your blog. That reminds me of the old song "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To".

:-)