CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Poll Results: To Read or Not To Read?

I recently had a poll up on this blog that asked the question:

WHEN READING THE FIRST BOOK IN A SERIES AND REALLY ENJOYING IT, AND THEN FINDING THE SERIES IS ANNOYING YOU “X” NUMBER OF BOOKS LATER, WHAT DO YOU GENERALLY DO?

These were the answers and the results:

Feel the need to continue, and so keep on reading because you think things will improve?
  8 (44%)
 
Just give up, cut your losses and move on to another series?
  9 (50%)
 
Don’t know - must give it some thought.
1 (5%)
 
(18 votes total)


So people were evenly split about continuing on or giving up, but the majority said they would give up. I’m in that situation myself with a couple of series, and I was wondering what other people would do.

I suppose it depends on how patient (or impatient) a person is. I always ask myself: “is this how you want to be spending your time?” The answer to that question usually determines whether I will read on, or not.

Thanks to everyone who voted.

2 comments:

Librarian said...

Thank you for giving us the results! 18 votes with 12 visible followers to your blog - not bad :-)

LadyPI said...

Yes, it's quite nice - considering I'm blogging just for fun.